27 Dresses




Background:
Two things about Jane: she's never says no to her friends (she's been a bridesmaid 27 times and selflessly plans friends' weddings), and she's in love with her boss, nurturing dreams of a lovely, romantic wedding of her own. She meets Kevin, a cynical writer who finds her attractive, and that same week, her younger, flirtatious sister Tess comes to town. Jane silently watches the man she loves fall for Tess. Worse, Jane may be called upon to plan their wedding. Meanwhile, Kevin tries to get Jane's attention and has an idea that may advance his career.

Review:
This movie was pretty stinkin' cute. I really liked it. There were a couple swear words (a little more than 10), some implied nudity and a few sexual innuendos. It's just getting harder and harder to find entirely clean movies...unless they are 'G' rated (in which case they are usually intended for kids). Children's movies are great, but every once in a while I need a change. And this movie worked for that. It was funny and romantic and had the perfect happy ending I expect from a good chick flick. I even watched it twice during the 27 hour rental period. It may even be worth owning one day.

No comments: